But Gordon Ramsay is costing you money…at least he is for the Brits.
E-sure, the online provider of home insurance, has noted a new trend in claims involving mishaps in the kitchen.
Since celebrity chefs tried to educate the nation and the blow torch moved in alongside the potato masher, amateur chefs have been getting into trouble.
According to the research, 14% of those questioned had experienced an accident or damaged their kitchen in some way, while trying out new recipes.
Seventy-three per cent of respondents had little faith in their ability as a chef; however 75% were keen to attempt a complex technique.
Esure estimates that £5 billion of household damage has been caused as a result.
Fast chopping, deep fat frying, steaming, tenderising meat and skewering are the most common causes of a mishap.
However, a diner party involving roasted peppers and crème brûlée could be disastrous because 37% of amateur chefs said they would get their paint stripping blow torch out of the shed to create these dishes.
Residents of Wales present the most risk when at the stove, while East Anglian cooks are the most competent, in terms of injury and material damage.
Only 30% of those questioned said they had a fire extinguisher or fire blanket in the kitchen.
By Gill Montia
Watch out for those crazy kilt-wearing Welsh!!!